Here To Assist You When The Unthinkable Happens

Workers’ Compensation

Workers’ compensation, or Labor and Industries (L&I) in Washington state, is a form of insurance that provides injured workers compensation for work-related injuries.

What Should You Do When You Get Hurt On The Job?

  1. Notify the employer of the accident and your injuries.
  2. Fill out the application for benefits through your employer or doctor in the emergency room or urgent care. Doctors and employers have application forms.
  3. When L&I denies your claim, which they often do, you should contact a lawyer immediately. Under Washington state law, you only have a certain number of days to protest or appeal your denial.

For more information please see:

Your Worker’s Compensation Benefits

  1. Compensation for lost wages or time loss
  2. Payment of medical bills
  3. Approval of all medical care including surgeries
  4. Permanent Partial Disability or PPD, which pays you a certain amount of money for your disability
  5. Pension, which pays an injured worker for the rest of his/her life

My Office Is A Worthy Advocate For You

After 30 years, there isn’t much I haven’t seen by L&I. Workers’ compensation attempts to deny injured workers the benefits they have earned.

My ultimate goal is to always win. Fighting with workers’ compensation becomes too hard for my clients to do on their own, and they ask me to help them.

This is when my 30 years of experience and knowledge are utilized to win my clients’ cases.

Payment Of Fees

An injured worker does not have to come up with the money to pay the attorney. By law, an attorney may charge a fee based on benefits paid, and the fee is paid out of those benefits.

If the lawyer is unsuccessful in recovering benefits for his/her client, the attorney receives no fees. This way the worker who is not working and has no money can still hire an attorney.

If you have any questions, please call. Injured workers call on a regular basis with questions. I am always happy to answer their questions.

I enjoy helping injured workers.

They should receive benefits allowed by law and I help my clients get those benefits.

Workers’ compensation does not tell injured workers what benefits they are entitled to and how to get those benefits. Without an attorney, an injured worker must figure this out on his/her own.