Here To Assist You When The Unthinkable Happens

Seeking Compensation For On-The-Job Injuries By A Third Party

When you are injured on the job by someone other than a co-employee or by your employer, do you have a valid claim with the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries (L&I)? The answer is probably yes. However, you may have additional options for compensation as well in the form of a third-party liability claim. In order to maximize your available compensation, it is important to work with an experienced attorney like me, Chuck Conrad. As the founder of the Law Offices Of Charles T. Conrad, I’ve been fighting for the rights of the injured for over 30 years. I can help you seek L&I benefits or appeal a denied claim, and I can also help you explore your options related to personal injury litigation.

What Is Third-Party Liability?

Under Washington law, you are generally prohibited from suing your employer for on-the-job injuries. This is because workers’ compensation is intended to be the “exclusive remedy” for workplace injuries. However, when you are injured on the job by someone who does not work for your employer (a third party), you can likely sue that person or company in addition to claiming L&I benefits.

When you are on the job and you work for company A and an employee for company B drops a hammer on your head, you can probably sue the employee of company B for your injuries. This is common on construction sites, where contractors and subcontractors of several different employers are working side by side. You could also sue the manufacturer of a dangerous product that you were using for work if the product malfunctioned and caused your injuries. Finally, if you are a commercial driver and were injured by another motorist while driving for work, you could sue the at-fault driver for personal injury. These are all common examples of third-party claims.

Let’s Explore Your Options Together In A Free Consultation

As an attorney with decades of experience in personal injury and workers’ compensation, I can help you understand and exercise all of your legal options. To take advantage of a free initial consultation, call my office in Spokane at 509-621-5082 or submit an online contact form.